Minorcan Shrimp Etouffee
A Florida take on a Cajun favorite.
- 1 lb fresh shrimp peeled and de-veined
- 1 lb DATIL SUMMER SAUSAGE diced
- 1 onion minced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1 qt chicken stock
- 3 oz butter
- 1 small green pepper diced
- 1 tomato peeled, concasse
- 4 green onions sliced
- 1 cup flour
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 6 tablespoons MINORCAN SEAONING - add more for a bolder taste
- 1 teaspoon DATIL GOLD - you may want to add slowly. This will heat up your recipe quickly
Melt the butter in a large braising pan; add the shrimp and sauté for 3 minutes; remove the shrimp and set aside. Sauté the diced DATIL SUMMER SAUSAGE, add the vegetables and sauté until softened add the flour and stir together to remove any lumps. Add the seasoning to the pan; then the stock. Bring the mixture to a boil; simmer for 15 minutes. Add the cooked shrimp to the vegetables and serve over a bed of white rice. Garnish with sliced green onions or chives.